What is Infant Massage?
Infant massage is a form of loving communication that fosters bonding and trust between parent and child. The strokes are a combination of Swedish and Indian Style massage as well as Reflexology, and are a natural and enjoyable method of providing nurturing, bonding contact during a baby’s early life. The developmental benefits of positive contact and bonding is truly immeasurable.
Why Massage Your Baby?
– Body Awareness
– Helps to relieve the discomfort associated with gas and colic
– Promotes the strengthening of the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
– Helps to establish that special bond between parent and baby by focusing on important elements such as eye to eye and skin to skin contact
– Helps baby to have a more restful sleep
– Increases parents confidence and sensitivity to baby’s cues
– Relaxes and releases tension
About the Class
This one time introductory workshop will teach you how to massage, relax, and soothe your newborn to pre-crawling baby. All of the techniques will be demonstrated on a doll and you will practice the strokes on your own baby during the class. The class also includes relaxation techniques, Sheryl’s Colic Hold that she designed and mindful music.