Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, the perfect date, or the perfect kids’ activity, Northborough’s got you covered!
On Friday, February 9th, Root & Sprout will be having a Valentine PJ Yoga Event for Kids. And while the kids are enjoying themselves, Mom and Dad can enjoy some couples yoga, followed by a light dinner and wine at the Bend, Bond and Sip event (also at Root & Sprout).
On Saturday, February 10th, the Northborough Education Foundation (NEF) is bringing you their 2nd Annual Gala Jr. This event is designed for boys and girls ages 0-12, along with their favorite grown-up (Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, favorite aunt, uncle or friend!). Entertainment will be provided by a DJ who keeps the kids busy with games, prizes and — of course—dancing. Light h’ors d’oeuvres will be provided by Sir Loin Catering, and some great prizes will be raffled off.
Oh, and don’t forget to make a reservation at Romaine’s Wood Grill and Bar for you and your valentine(s)! Their Bread Pudding is back on the menu and the perfect sweet for your sweetheart!
Looking for the perfect gift? Here are a few ideas:
• a heart-shaped thumbprint charm from Heart & Stone Jewelry
• a set of birthstone rings from J. Briggs & Co.
• a candle, cozy robe or family sign from Purple Rose Home
• a pound or two of fresh-roasted coffee or a nice bottle of wine from Armeno Coffee Roasters
• A gift gertificate for massage or infrared sauna from Conscious Touch Massage Therapy
• a wine fridge from Brown’s TV and Appliance
• a family or couples portrait session with one of our talented local photographers: Susan Ogar Photography or Maranto Studios
• Tazo chocolates, lotions, jewelry or home decor from Tovah & Co
Go little or go big this Valentine’s Day. But whatever you do, go local! Remember, for every $100 spent at a local business, $68 remained in the city while only $43 of each $100 spent at a chain retailer comes back to our town.